… is feeling, experience. You can find tango at YouTube but there are just shows for an audience. You can find more of its essence on milongas (tango dancing party). You can see there the main principle – tango its is shared experience of man and woman during the dance. The experience which could be passionate, playful, intimate, joy of the movement, feeling of elegance … and a bunch of other options – let choose yourselves. But you can only taste it for real while dancing …
Historically, it is the original form of the tango created by the wave of immigrants to Argentina in the last century. The tango as a part of the ball room dances was derived from tango arg. and resembles primarily … by name. The connection is different ( “embrace” in tango arg. / just kind of holding in ball room), music is different, the system of steps is different. The dancers in tango arg. are not moving so fast. Tango arg. does not have a firm structure of steps, it is improvisation. Eg. in the beginning there is not given rule which leg/ direction will dancers start, the leader just shows it with the body including length and dynamics of the step.
Tango argentino is a social dance. It is common to go to milonga alone. The ballroom tango is either dance sport, either dancing at social events but dance “promiscuity” far from its ancestor.
There are several regular Milogas per week in Prague. The specific feature of tango arg. in Czech republic is roughly equal nuber of male and female dancers.
* An offer for man or woman.
** Practica for clients of private lessons only.
Dusan Sponar, M.D.
Why with me?
- you will learn technique but accordingly to your needs we will switch to work with emotions – not to be consumed by drill
- I teach influenced especially technique of Alejandra Martiñan
- I teach movement and posture more than 15 yrs – full time job (from 2003, yoga and exercises for healty spine)
- in those lessons I used to work even with handicaped people sometimes – but I can offer quite big challenges on subtle levels
- let choose a teacher, when you enjoy his technique and attitude all together
Photos: Nada Zhuravova.